Thursday, June 19, 2008

another one bites the dust

I can't escape our culture. I wanted to stay away from the black hole of blogging as it can be just one more way to shun personal interactions so quickly slipping from our world, luring the unsuspecting into hours of a blog-hopping abyss of photos, words, and people never met - a most misleading and sad replacement for a face-to-face meeting.

Call it culture creep, or maybe a paradigm shift, but I had a change of heart.

I named my blog hope because it is the first step in any endeavor in life. One hopes, then desires, plans and acts. This particular hope comes from the need to find an easy way to document my simple existence so it no longer goes by so unnoticed, and to take care of the regret I feel for neglecting this for so long.

And so it begins. Maybe, just maybe, I'll learn to take a few pictures in this process. Sadly, a documentary created for the last five years may be composed of a few photos, a meager journal and a pieced-together story of love lost, family ties emboldened and futile attempts at lasting content. Sorry for the dramatics. Whatever the next five bring, I hope to have more to remember it by.

No comments: