Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Andrew, I need you

I know all I ever talk about is music. I'm sorry about that, and I'll try to keep my raves to a minimum tonight, but I'd like to thank Andrew McMahon, the boys from Matchbook, Dashboard, and of course, Jimmy. oh man, Jimmy. They are the reason I am still alive, my lifeboat. The world is so lucky they had the drive to pursue their dreams and give us the greatest, most wonderful gift of music.

My ipod broke a couple months ago, and the day it happened caused a minor crisis. I could barely concentrate. Not because I was worried about the broken ipod, but because I was lost without the music. I didn't realize my dependency, but it felt like losing a limb, I didn't think I would make it. It might be bad that I need it that much, but I think under the circumstances, with unending amounts of work and crazy hours, it was necessary. It's like the rays of sunshine feel on the first days of spring after a bleak winter. It's lifegiving.

So, crisis averted, I have redownloaded all my CD's (yes, I still own CD's, I think I am the last person alive that has never downloaded anything from itunes) and the IV is now dripping again.

2 comments:

Sleepy Jeane said...

You, in fact, are not the last person alive to have never downloaded anything from iTunes. I do not even own, nor have I ever owned, an iPod. The closest thing I have to an mp3 player is my cell phone I've had for about a year now. I get so behind on all the "cool" things, I don't think I have ever been with a trend.

. said...

Ashlee, you crack me up! So, is busy season now over? Can you finally breath again after tax day?