Thursday, April 16, 2009

San Francisco, baby

Hello rice-a-roni and the GGB, I went to SF a couple months ago (again, alone) and here are some of the highlights.
Fisherman's Wharf on a wonderfully romantic and drizzly day...


Ghirardelli Square - mmm, samples of their crunchy peanut butter in chocolate...this is me after eating a bag of them


And a cupcake...



At Pier 39 - if you look close, you can see the merry-go-round. I love the colors in this picture.


The bed, luxury in the name of Pickwick. The name of the hotel was the real draw for me - the Pickwick Hotel - it sounds so 19th century...and it was. Lots of character and charm.




I loved it, the beautiful rain and fog, the closeness of the ocean, the company. Yes, although I went alone, my dearest Owen came to see me!!! I'm so lucky to have such a great friend to drive so far just to spend a few short hours together. AND, to top it all off, there were two H&M's within blocks of the Pickwick. within blocks. not even planned. it was a good trip.


3 comments:

Mollie said...

I didn't know you took that trip! It looks lovely. Especially that bed.

Chadlee said...

I love those pictures! Especially the one of you with the umbrella, ha, ha. What a fun trip! I still have never been to San Francisco!

. said...

How fun! Glad you got to go on a trip and have some quality Ashlee time!